MARION CO. – Market Street closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic under I-65 between Davidson Street and Pine Street for structure excavation and shoring tower installation on Thursday. This closure will end on or after February 4, weather permitting. Throughout the duration of this closure, eastbound and westbound vehicular traffic and pedestrian traffic will be detoured to Washington Street.
I-70 westbound will experience lane restrictions between Roosevelt and Lewis streets resulting in the closure of the I-65 Michigan Street collector/distributor (C/D) ramp tonight from 8 p.m. through 5 a.m. for overhead beam erection. Traffic will be detoured to the Meridian Street exit.
INDOT further reminds motorists Michigan Street is currently closed under I-65 between Davidson Street and Pine Street for overhead structure demolition through January 15, weather permitting. Motorists traveling west on Michigan Street will be detoured to Rural Street, then directed west on Washington Street to College Avenue.
Work on New York Street for shoring tower installation is continuing and set to finalize on or after January 14, weather permitting. Work on St. Clair Street for pile driving operations, pile infill, abutment construction, and structure demolition will finalize on or after January 15, also weather permitting.
10th Street will also close under I-65 and I-70 between College Avenue and Highland Avenue for overhead structure demolition and beam erection starting January 17 through January 19, weather permitting. Throughout the duration of this closure, motorists traveling eastbound and westbound will be detoured to 16th Street.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect, ramp to be closed 1/6-1/7 from 8:00pm – 5:00 am)
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from Ohio Street, Michigan Street and New York Street
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
Project information can be found at northsplit.com.
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.