MARION CO. – As a result of recent weather patterns, New York Street under I-65 between East Street and Pine Street is now scheduled to reopen on January 3.
Crews are continuing to work on overhead structure demolition as part of the ongoing North Split Interchange closure.
Lewis Street remains closed under the interstate for drainage structure installation, which is anticipated to continue through early February, weather permitting.
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) further reminds motorists the ramp from Delaware /11th Street to I-70 eastbound is scheduled to close on or after January 11, 2022. This closure will be in effect for approximately 60 days. Traffic will be detoured to West Street onto I-70 eastbound, or New York or Ohio streets to Pine Street onto I-70 eastbound.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from Ohio Street, Michigan Street and New York Street
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.