MARION CO. – On or after Monday, December 20, New York Street will close under I-65 between East Street and Pine Street. All eastbound traffic will be redirected to Ohio Street throughout the duration of this closure. All pedestrian traffic will be redirected to Vermont Street.
During the closure of New York Street, local street parking will be temporarily restricted on Davidson Street. Local access to businesses between College Avenue and Davidson Street will be maintained. Traffic flow in the area will be monitored throughout the duration of the closure.
Additionally, the ramp from Delaware /11th Street to I-70 eastbound is scheduled to close on or after January 4, 2022. This closure will be in effect for approximately 60 days. Traffic will be detoured to West Street onto I-70 eastbound, or New York or Ohio streets to Pine Street onto I-70 eastbound.
During the closure of New York Street, access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from Ohio Street, Michigan Street and New York Street until December 20
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, visit northsplit.com or text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at:
- Facebook: Facebook.com/NorthSplit
Motorists can monitor road closures, road conditions, traffic alerts and see traffic cameras anywhere throughout the state by visiting INDOT’s Cars 511 website.