Bedford Fire Department called to Mr. Lubie due to smoke

BEDFORD – Bedford Firefighters were called to Mr. Lubie at 1126 16th Street in Bedford at 5:26 p.m. after a report of smoke coming out of the building.

According to Fire Chief John Hughes Firefighters were able to gain access to the roof of the building and determined the cause of the smoke was due to an oil burner used to heat the business during the winter months.

Bedford Fire Chief John Hughes

Crews were on scene for 25 minutes before giving the all clear. Traffic in the area of 16th and L streets were limited to one lane due to the location of the Fire Engines surrounding the building.