WASHINGTON – Monday, Congressman Jim Banks introduced a Joint Resolution with Senator Steve Daines (R-MT) celebrating the first anniversary of the Trump administration’s Geneva Consensus Declaration (GCD) and reiterating the United States’ support for principles affirming life and the family.
The GCD is a first-ever strategic international coalition of 36 countries that reaffirms there is no international right to abortion, and that countries have no obligation to fund abortion. The Biden administration withdrew from the Geneva Consensus Declaration in late January.
Said Rep. Banks said, “Joe Biden’s promotion of abortion in foreign countries is immoral and way out of step with the American public. A majority of Democrats, Republicans, and independents oppose using taxpayer funds to pay for abortions abroad. There is broad support in America and around the world for policies that protect unborn lives and promote strong families. The pro-life movement is now an international movement. Future administrations should immediately rejoin the Geneva Consensus Declaration.”
Over 200 Members of Congress signed Rep. Banks’ pledge to oppose any legislation that weaken Hyde protections, which prohibit taxpayer funding of abortions. Rep. Banks has called on the U.S. Agency for International Development to stop the United Nations from using U.S. taxpayer dollars to lobby for abortion.
Read the text of the resolution HERE.
- Rep. David B. McKinley P.E. (WV-01)
- Rep. Miller-Meeks (IA-02)
- Rep. Jeff Duncan (SC-03)
- Rep. Mary E. Miller (IL-15)
- Rep. Yvette Herrell (NM-02)
- Rep. Louie Gohmert (TX-01)
- Rep. Alex Mooney (WV-02)
- Rep. Jake LaTurner (KS-02)
- Rep. John R. Moolenaar (MI-04)
- Rep. Glenn Grothman (WI-06)
- Rep. Brian Babin D.D.S. (TX-36)
- Rep. Bruce Westerman (AR-04)
- Rep. Brad Wenstrup (OH-02)
- Rep. William R. Timmons, IV (SC-04)
- Rep. Ronny L. Jackson (TX-13)
- Rep. Michael Waltz (FL-06)
- Rep. John H. Rutherford (FL-04)
- Rep. Ted Budd (NC-13)
- Rep. Ralph Norman (SC-05)
- Rep. Andrew Clyde (GA-09)
- Rep. Markwayne Mullin (OK-02)
- Rep. David Kustoff (TN-08)
- Rep. Robert B. Aderholt (AL-04)
- Rep. Jackie Walorski (IN-02)
- Rep. Tracey Mann (KS-01)
- Rep. Earl L. “Buddy” Carter (GA-01)
- Rep. Lloyd Smucker (PA-11)
- Rep. Randy Feenstra (IA-04)
- Rep. Diana Harshbarger (TN-01)
- Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer (MO-03)
- Rep. Paul Gosar (AZ-04)
- Rep. Mike Johnson (LA-04)
- Rep. Steven Palazzo (MS-04)
Rep. Banks’ resolution is supported by Susan B. Anthony List, Family Research Council, Concerned Women for America, National Right to Life, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, Heritage Action, Live Action, Institute for Women’s Health, Center for Family and Human Rights, Americans United for Life, Students for Life of America, and Advancing American Freedom.