BEDFORD – Bedford City Utilities will begin flushing hydrants Sunday, October 3, and will continue through Thursday, October 14, weather permitting.
The following is a tentative schedule for the flushing of fire hydrants for the City of Bedford.
The schedule is subject to change if each day’s work is not completed as scheduled or in case of inclement weather.
Customers may notice fluctuations in pressure and/or discoloration of their tap water during hydrant flushing. If water appears discolored, customers are advised to run their cold water until it clears. It is recommended that customers postpone washing laundry and limit the use of hot water until the cold water clears.
Monday, October 4th
- Everything South of 19th Street and West of Mitchell Road including Broadview Addition, Fresenius Medical Care, St. Vincent Dunn Hospital, Garden Villa, Bliss House, and Stonebridge
Tuesday night October 5th – Wednesday, October 6th
- 16th Street, West of M Street, Edgewood Addition, IU Health Bedford Hospital, Bex Addition, and Westview Manor
Thursday night October 7th – Sunday, October 10th
- East of Mitchell Road and South of 16th Street. Brook Knoll, Glen Meadows, Shandell Drive, and Core Nursing Home
Monday night, October 11 – Tuesday, October 12th
- John Williams Boulevard, all of Lincoln Avenue, 15th Street, and M Street west, 8th Street, south to 16th Street
Wednesday night, October 13 – Thursday, October 14th
- East of Lincoln Avenue and North of 15th Street
Please be reminded this schedule will operate as planned, weather permitting.