BLOOMINGTON – Indiana University Bloomington and Ivy Tech Community College have built on their long history of partnership in support of students by creating new transfer pathways with five new guaranteed admissions agreements.
The agreements will allow Ivy Tech students who have earned specific associate degrees to transfer as juniors and choose from among nine related baccalaureate programs at IU Bloomington: four in psychology, two in biology, and one each in elementary education, informatics, and criminal justice.
Students who enrolled at Ivy Tech after June 1, 2021, are eligible for the guaranteed admission option. Each program has specific requirements for admission and the timing of when students may transfer — either the fall or spring terms. According to each agreement, admitted students will be awarded at least 60 semester hours of credit toward their bachelor’s degree.
“We are thrilled about this new partnership with our colleagues at Ivy Tech,” IU Bloomington Interim Provost and Executive Vice President John S. Applegate said. “The guaranteed admissions agreements plan builds upon our current successful transfer agreements and helps place well-prepared students directly into some of our most sought-after majors.”
“Ivy Tech is pleased to help more students realize their goal of completing a bachelor’s degree at IU Bloomington,” Ivy Tech President Sue Ellspermann said. “While there has been a transfer pathway for years, this guarantees a student who completes the appropriate associate degree and meets IU’s requirements will be admitted as a junior into selected programs. This relieves many students and their families of the worry, ‘Will I get admitted?’ and saves them and the state thousands of dollars by completing their associate degree at Ivy Tech.”
According to the agreements, the new pathways for transfer students are:
- Associate of Science in informatics to Bachelor of Science in informatics.
- Associate of Science in elementary education to Bachelor of Science in Education, elementary education.
- Associate of Science in criminal justice to Bachelor of Arts in criminal justice.
- Associate of Science in biology to Bachelor of Arts in biology or Bachelor of Science in biology.
- Associate of Science in psychology to Bachelor of Arts in psychology, Bachelor of Science in psychology, Bachelor of Science in organizational and business psychology, or Bachelor of Science in clinical psychological science.
More information about transfer pathways to IU Bloomington is available on the Transfer Single Articulation Pathways webpage.
The five new agreements expand the list of guaranteed admissions options that are available to Ivy Tech students. More information is available on the IU Bloomington website and on Ivy Tech’s guaranteed admissions webpage.
Information: News at IU Bloomington