INDIANA – The National Organic Program (NOP) is pleased to announce a new course in the Organic Integrity Learning Center.
The Evaluating an Operation’s Corrective Actions to Noncompliances course teaches certification reviewers how to effectively review an operation’s response to violations of the organic regulations. Corrective action plans are an important part of the compliance process. Effectively implemented corrective actions bring operations into compliance with organic regulations and prevent noncompliances from reoccurring, creating a level playing field for all.
This course allows learners to apply concepts by evaluating different noncompliance scenarios. It also provides examples of evidence that operations submit in support of corrective action plans and explains how certification staff continues to monitor operations after noncompliance is resolved.
The USDA Organic Integrity Learning Center is a free online resource that provides 23 full-length and eight microlearning course options designed for organic oversight and compliance professionals.
Self-Enrolling in Learning Center Courses
How to Register for a Course
Once logged into the USDA AMS National Organic Program, Organic Integrity Learning Center, signing up for a course is like buying a product at an online store, but all training is free.
To register for an NOP course in the Organic Integrity Learning Center, follow these steps:
- Click on Register for Course in the menu.
- Available courses in the program will appear.
- Click on the green Register button for each desired course.
- The green button will change to a blue button that says Added to Cart.
- You will see a shopping cart with the number of courses selected.
- Click the link that says Proceed to Checkout.
Note: The tuition is $0 – All training in the Learning Center is free!
- A list of the courses you selected will appear. To confirm enrollment, select the green Confirm button.
- Go to your Dashboard to launch the course.
- Click on the course title from the list of Active Courses.
- Once you have completed a course, it will appear under the list of Completed Courses.
- To access all completed course content, register for the National Organic Program Training Archive course to review (read-only) material from all OILC courses.
Click here to view a course list.