BEDFORD – The Board of Works has approved the retirement of Battalion Chief Brent Allen following 31 years of service.
Allen is finishing his last week at the Bedford Fire Department on vacation and has already turned in his equipment.
“We want to thank Battalion Chief for his years of service to our community,” said Charlene Hall Board of Works member.
With Allen’s retirement, Senior Firefighter Lucas Pinnick was promoted to the training officer, and Shane Nolan was promoted to a senior firefighter.
The Bedford Police Chief Terry Moore asked the Board of Works to promote Detective Sgt. Drew Lemke and Sgt. Blake Wade both to the position of captain, and Officer Kody Emmons to sergeant. These promotions follow retirements and resignations within the department.
The promotions will be on a probationary period of six months.
In other business:
- Approved the request of encroachment agreement for Sherri McAlister 615 Fellowship Drive
- Approved the Standard Operating Procedure for gas detectors for the fire department
- Approved the subdivision for William McFadden 2562 Oak Ridge Drive in the Broadview North Subdivision lots 26-28.
- Approved the request of Bedford North Lawrence High School principal Jordan Keys to close J Street between 15th and 16th streets on October 2nd, for the BNL Homecoming Dance which will be held at Harp Commons this year.
- Approved policy changes for use of force and how investigations will take place when use of force is used with Bedford City Police Department.