MITCHELL – Mitchell Community School Superintendent Brent Comer announced a very small tax rate decrease for taxpayers during the public hearing Monday night.
The new tax rate is 1.6519 although this is not a huge decrease it will help lower the property tax bills for residents in 2022.
The Mitchell Community Schools plan to replace 11 buses over the next four years. The corporation will spend $196,000 in 2022, $294,000 in 2023, $196,000 in 2024, $158,000 in 2025 and $196,000 in 2026.
Capital Improvement Projects for Mitchell Community Schools:
- Update the cameras at Mitchell High School, Burris Elementary, and Hatfield Elementary at a projected cost of $45,000
- Install emergency and exit lights at a cost of $10,000
- Refinish the gym floors estimated cost at $15,000
- Water erosion control at Hatfield Elementary School. The projected cost is $30,000
- Canopy replacement at Mitchell Junior High School and Mitchell High School with a projected cost of $95,000
The Mitchell Community School Board will vote to adopt their 2022 budget on September 13th.