LAWRENCE CO. – Lawrence County Health Sanitarian Brenda Cummings requested to hire a second person. The department had a second position but it has been vacant since January 2010.
The request was taken under advisement as the budget process for 2022 moves along. A budget request of $31,030 has been requested to pay the salary for that second position.
In other business:
- Approved the budget transfer for Lawrence County Health Department Immunizations of $177.
- Approved Chad Shew, Lawrence County Community Corrections request for line item for a grant from the Lawrence County Community Foundation Grant Fund to go toward Problem Solving Court for Juveniles. The amount of the grant was $950.
- Emergency Management Director Valarie Luchauer asked for $336,000 for upgrades for the 911 system. The contract was with AT&T. The system is antiquated again after being used for 7 years. Normally, they upgrade every five years but was able to extend the life of the system. The funds will be paid from unappropriated funds.
- Corey Allen, Lawrence County Surveyor, asked for additional funds of $1,000 to pay for a second deputy.
- Approved a list for Local Option Income Tax for the township volunteer fire departments which include Perry, Indian Creek, Huron, Marion for Marion Township, Marion for Bono Township, Marshall, Shawswick, and Pleasant Run Townships. A total amount each department will be given in 2022 will be decided on September 1, 2021.
- Approved Katy Fultz to the Mitchell Public Library Board to fill a vacancy.
- The reorganization of the Salary Committee was approved. The three member board will be president Scott Smith, Jeff Lynton, and Janie Craig Chenault.