MONROE CO.- Due to the heat advisory issued for today August 24th, the local fire departments in Monroe County are opening their doors to community members who need to come and cool off.
The cooling stations will be open from 11:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. August 24-27.
COVID – precautions apply.
The cooling station locations are listed below.
- Bloomington Fire Station 1- ( Headquarters) – 226 College Avenue, Bloomington
- Bloomington Fire Station 2- 209 South Fairfield Drive, Bloomington
- Elletsville Fire Headquarters – 5080 West State Road 46, Elletsville
- Monroe Fire Protection District – Perry Township – 3953 South Kennedy Drive, Bloomington
- Monroe Fire Protection District – Clear Creek Township – 9094 South Strain Ridge Road, Bloomington
- Monroe Fire Protection District – Indian Creek Township – 8019 South Rockport Road, Bloomington
- Monroe Fire Protection District – Bloomington Township – 5081 North Old State Road 37, Bloomington
- Monroe Fire Protection District – Van Buren Township – 2130 South Kirby Road, Bloomington
Cooling stations are a cool facility where individuals who do not have air, can come and sit down and continue on their way.
Food, showers, and areas of sleep are not available.
Township trustee offices can be contacted for additional needs.
Guests are asked to respect the rules of the fire station, wear a mask, and maintain 6 feet of social distance at the fire station.