MITCHELL – During the school board meeting on Monday night, Mitchell Community School board members were updated on the timeline for the improvement project that is about to get underway.
The approximate $17 million projects were approved last year and George Link with VPS Architectural was on hand to update the board on when some of the projects will begin.
The project includes both needs and wants of the corporation. Some of the needed improvements include dropping off/pick-up around Hatfield and Burris Elementary, an Auxiliary gym for Mitchell Junior High School student’s physical education classes, new roofs for all the schools, and HVAC replacements.
The project also included wanted items like synthetic turf for the baseball, softball, and football fields.
The total amount of the projects are estimated at $17,035,000.
- Field House / Maintenance Storage
- Out to bid on October 22, 2021
- Receive bids on November 12, 2021
- Award the bid on November 29, 2021
- Construction to begin around December 2021 – completed approximately 2022
- Turf Fields
- Out to bid on November 1, 2021
- Receive bids on December 2, 2021
- Award the bid December 6, 2021
- Construction to begin around May 2022 – Completed approximately 2022
- Roof project
- Out to bid November 1, 2021
- Receive bids – December 2, 2021
- Award the bid – December 6, 2021
- Construction to begin in summer 2022
- Elemetary Traffic projects/HVAC Projects/STEAM Lab
- Out to bid – December 13 ,2021
- Receive bids – January 16, 2022
- Award the bid – January 25,2022
- Construction to begin summer 2022
The construction industry is still struggling to obtain supplies such as roofing materials. But the timeline given is based on the current market conditions.
In the summer of 2022, several projects will be underway at the same time. The hope is most of the projects will be completed by the start of the next school year.