MITCHELL – The Mitchell Community School board will re-advertise fuel bids after no one turned in bids following their first posting.
In other business:
- Approved the Mitchell Dance Team to attend the NDA Camp at the University of Louisville on July 16-18
- Approved the list of 2021-2022 fundraisers
- Appointed Max Ziebell to the Mitchell Public Library board
- Approved opening a NOVUS Lab account, this account will be used when money is generated from the Fabrication Lab sales.
- Approved a contract for deaf and hard hearing services for the 2021-2022 school year. With the dissolution of the Joint Services, the school corporation is preparing for enrollment into the Mitchell Community School system.
- Approved to use the hire date of maintenance and custodial staff for earned vacation time, versus a calendar year.
- Appointed Cindy Brooking to the Lawrence County Redevelopment Commission. This is a non-voting member of the Lawrence County Redevelopment Commission
- Approved using November 22 – November 23 as E-Learning Days for students and professional development. Supt. Brent Comer stated that staff is in need of catching of on professional development following a year of COVID-19 that put a lot of things behind.
- The board approved changing the meeting for next month to July 19, 2021, at the administration office
The return-to-school plan will be available to school board members at the July meeting. At this time the school is expected to open on time for the 2021-2022 school year.