OOLITIC – The Town of Oolitic is set to receive a total of $240,000 in America Rescue Funds.
Michelle Carrico, Southern Indiana Development Corporation, was at the meeting Monday night with documentation for the town council to sign so the town could receive the funding.
A resolution and ordinance were passed to establish a fund for the money to be disbursed.
At this time the town does not know what projects the money will be allocated for, and want to take their time in deciding what project they feel are the most important. They have until 2024 to spend the money.
In other business the council
- Added Jon Broglin to the storm/water committee
- Moved next months meeting to May 24, due to Memorial Day Holiday
- Approved the following building permits
- 430 Hoosier Avenue construction of a 20X40 garage
- 114 7th Street construction of a wood fence
- put on hold approval pending site visit from Zac Bell for 233 Indiana Avenue to construct a pool and fence
- Approved the purchase of a pump for the lift station from Straeffer Pump & Supply Inc. in the amount of $9,500. There is no backup pump at this time.
- Voted not to pay a $3,000 invoice to Utility Services after they failed to rebuild a pump that did not work.
- Approved an upgrade by Keystone to upgrade software for the utility department
- Asked Attorney Greg Pittman to review an ordinance to allow Oolitic Volunteer Fire Department to receive Local Option Income Tax revenue
- Approved the hiring of Tyler Phillips to full-time status as a town employee
- Fielded questions regarding Ead’s Lawnmower repair shop and the property maintenance