(UNDATED) – American Family Insurance and Intersport today announced the 24 “Fearless Dreamers” who have advanced to the quarterfinals of the American Family Insurance “#DreamFearlessly Fan Vote” for the American Family Insurance High School Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships.
They include Chloe McKnight of Bedford and Silas Bauer of Loogootee.
The first-round winners advance to the quarterfinals, where voting will begin at 1 p.m. ET on Tuesday and run until 1 p.m. ET on March 2. Fans can vote daily at www.amfam.com/fanvote to determine who will advance to the semifinals.
The 24 “Fearless Dreamers” advancing to the quarterfinals are as follows:
Slam Dunk Championship (High School, City)
- Silas Bauer (Loogootee, Loogootee, Ind.)
- Luke Easley (Beth Haven, Louisville, Ky.)
- Gus Etchison (Hamilton Heights, Arcadia, Ind.)
- Ridge Harrison (Hatton, Town Creek, Ala.)
- Harrison Kelly (Christian Brothers, Memphis, Tenn.)
- Tyler Kindberg (Worthington Christian, Lewis Center, Ohio)
- Davion Mace (Dohn Prep Academy, Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Najee Williams (Truman, Kansas City, Mo.)
Boys’ 3-Point Championship (High School, City)
- Trey Baker (Mundelein, Mundelein, Ill.)
- Luke Brown (Blackford, Hartford City, Ind.)
- Austin Farlow (Centerville, Centerville, Ind.)
- Miles Guliford (Liberty, Peoria, Ariz.)
- Michael Jefferson (Dohn Prep Academy, Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Jordan Jones (First Presbyterian Day School, Macon, Ga.)
- Jocqua Keeton (Luella, Locust Grove, Ga.)
- Cal Reghi (Westlake, Westlake, Ohio)
Girls’ 3-Point Championship (High School, City)
- Makaiya Brooks (Central, Springfield, Mo.)
- Makenna DeClue (Troy-Buchanan, Troy, Mo.)
- Julia Hirt (Lake County Lutheran, Hartland, Wis.)
- Emily Lavier (Alamosa, Alamosa, Colo.)
- Arora Levengood (Tuscarawas Valley, Zoarville, Ohio)
- Brooklyn Luna (Fair Grove, Fair Grove, Mo.)
- Chloe McKnight (Bedford North Lawrence, Bedford, Ind.)
- Aliyah Williams (Parkway North, St. Louis, Mo.)
The American Family Insurance “#DreamFearlessly Fan Vote” is a four-week digital media contest that will match up 16 of the top high school dunkers, boys 3-point shooters and girls 3-point shooters in the nation in a bracket-style competition to determine the final participant in the Slam Dunk Championship, Boys’ 3-Point Championship and Girls’ 3-point Championship.
Fans can vote for their favorite players using an interactive bracket by entering the American Family Insurance High School Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships website at www.amfam.com/fanvote.
The athlete with the most votes in each matchup will move on to the next round.
Video highlight reels of each competitor on the website will help fans determine their choice. Fans can vote daily at www.amfam.com/fanvote. The schedule for the remaining rounds are as follows:
•Quarterfinals: Feb. 23 at 1 p.m. ET through March 2 at 1 p.m. ET (8 Players)
•Semifinals: March 3 at 1 p.m. ET through March 10 at 1 p.m. ET (4 Players)
•Finals: March 11 at 1 p.m. ET through March 18 at 1 p.m. ET (2 Players)
The player that ultimately receives the most votes in the final round will be selected to compete in the American Family Insurance High School Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships, an event featuring some of the best high school dunkers and three-point shooters in the country, held annually in the host city of college basketball’s national title game.
Alumni of the event include the Sacramento Kings’ Buddy Hield (2012 3-Point), the Washington Mystics’ Ariel Atkins (2014 3-Point), the Memphis Grizzlies’ Grayson Allen (2014 Slam Dunk), the Seattle Storm’s Jordin Canada (2014 3-Point), the Utah Jazz’s Donovan Mitchell (2015 Slam Dunk), the Orlando Magic’s Markelle Fultz (2016 Slam Dunk), the Atlanta Hawks’ Trae Young (2017 3-Point) and the Cleveland Cavaliers’ Collin Sexton (2017 3-Point).
Event organizers are regularly monitoring developments regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and will implement safety measures based on prevailing guidelines from local authorities and national health entities.
For more information about the American Family Insurance High School Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships go to www.amfam.com/sponsorships/highschool-slam, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter (@HighSchoolSlam).