(MITCHELL) – The Mitchell Community Schools approved the hiring of staff during their meeting Monday night.
- Dr. Stephanie Carmichael – Mitchell School Psychologists effective 2021-2022 school year
- Katy Key – Burris Temporary Virtual Teacher – effective February 9th, 2011
- Kayla Hall – Hatfield Aide – effective February 9, 2021
- Stacy Rayhill – Burris Aide – effective February 9, 2021
- Jaclynn Sanders – Hatfield Temporary permanent Substitute – effective February 9, 2021
- Jody Johnson – Bus driver for # 32 – effective February 9, 2021.
Extra-Curricular Employment 2021-2022 School Year
- Donnie Glatzer – Mitchell High School Varsity Football assistant coach
- Amos Wegner – Mitchell High School Varsity Football assistant coach
- J.D. England – Mitchell High School Junior Varsity Football assistant coach
- Jamie Kirk – Mitchell High School Junior Varsity Football assistant coach
- Doug LaFevor – Mitchell High School football volunteer
- Brian Brazel – Mitchell High School football volunteer
- Dane Prichett – Mitchell High School football volunteer
- Scott Saunders – Mitchell High School Varsity volleyball coach
- Lexi Scott Connelly – Mitchell Volleyball assistant coach
- Matt Sowders – Mitchell High School Golf coach
The media teacher/media coordinator position has been approved to be posted.
The revisions to the non-certified staff packets have also been approved by the school board in a 5-0 vote.
In other business:
- Approved the Mitchell Community School bylaws and policies
- Dr. Comer updated the board on the Mitchell Community School youth basketball programs
- Discussion has began regarding Mitchell Junior High School and Mitchell High School going back to in-person learning.
- Dr. Comer recognized Butch Chastain and his dedication to the Mitchell Community School students and the community of Mitchell. Thoughts and prayers were sent to the family of Butch Chastain.