(BEDFORD) – In their reorganization meeting for the North Lawrence Community School Board Thursday night, it was determined that Trent Todd will serve another term as president, and Kamal Girgis will serve as vice-president.
Kristen Collier will serve as secretary for the seven member board of trustees.
The board was joined by the newly elected school board members Tracey Bailey, Jeff Lambrecht, and Wendy Miller.
The North Lawrence Board of Finance will be Trent Todd president, Kamal Girgis, vice-president, Kristen Collier secretary, Jenise Roane treasurer, and Amanda Hoffman as deputy treasurer.
In other appointments the North Lawrence School Board will retain Pittman Law firm as the Legal Counsel for the NLCS board. Tracey Bailey will serve on the Bedford Parks Board, and Trent Todd will serve on the Boys & Girls Club of Lawrence County.
In other business the board:
- Approved the 2021-2022 school calendar
North Lawrence Community Schools 2021-22 Calendar
- August 3 – First Teacher Day
- August 4 -First Student Day
- September 6 – Labor Day – No School
- October 1- Virtual Learning Day
- October 8 – End of First 9 Weeks
- October 11-15 – Fall Break – No School
- November 3 – End of First Trimester
- November 24-26 Thanksgiving Break – No School
- December 17 Last Student Day Before Christmas Break
- December 17 End of Second 9 Weeks
- Christmas Break December 20, 2021 – December 31, 2021
- January 3 No School/Make-Up Day
- January 4 – First Student Day After Christmas Break
- January 17 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day – No School/Make-Up Day
- January 28 – Virtual Learning Day
- February 16 – End of Second Trimester
- February 21 – Presidents Day – No School/Make-Up Day
- March 11 End of Third 9 Weeks
- March 21-25 Spring Break – No School
- April 15 – Good Friday – No School/Make-Up Day
- May 20 – Last Student Day
- End of Fourth 9 Weeks and Third Trimester
- May 23 – Last Teacher Day
- June 3 BNLHS Graduation
- June 20 – Nine-Week Attendance Student Days Trimester Attendance Student Days