(BLOOMINGTON) – The Mill, Bloomington’s nonprofit center for entrepreneurship, announced the 2020 FUSE Business Innovation Awards today, December 17.
The FUSE Awards recognize the accomplishments of both companies and individuals in Bloomington’s thriving technology and innovation scene.
“These innovation leaders drive growth in our entrepreneurial ecosystem and our local economy,” said Pat East, The Mill’s Executive Director. “Some of the 2020 winners, like Jeff Mease of One World Enterprises, have been bringing creative ideas to life for years. Others, like Megan Cox’s company Genie Supply, are bringing new energy, new talent, and whole new industries to south central Indiana. The Bloomington metro area is rich in experience and ingenuity, and we’re going to need both to fully recover from the economic repercussions of the pandemic.”
The 2020 winners are:
- Bill & Gayle Cook Entrepreneur of the Year: Jeff Mease, One World Enterprises
- Mentor of the Year (awarded to an outstanding role model who has advised and encouraged best practices in an early-stage company’s growth): Cy Megnin, Velocities
- Company of the Year (awarded to a company that exemplifies Bloomington’s values while achieving revenue and job growth): Catalent
- Rising Star of the Year (awarded to a company with less than ten employees that have laid the foundation for future revenue and job growth): Genie Supply
- Partner of the Year (awarded to an organization who directly impacts the success of The Mill and its members): Cook Center for Entrepreneurship
- Community Leader Supporting Entrepreneurship & Innovation (awarded to an individual who proudly and unapologetically supports The Mill and its members with time, energy, and talent): Lynn Coyne
- Newsworthy Event of the Year (voted by Mill members and awarded to an individual, corporation, or organization who best demonstrates through public relations that great things are happening in Bloomington: Catalent invests $50MM and hires 300 additional employees to support a COVID-19 vaccine
The Mill’s mission is to spark Bloomington’s innovation economy by launching and accelerating startups, and its vision is to become Indiana’s center of gravity for entrepreneurship. The FUSE Awards were founded by the Indiana SBDC (Small Business Development Center) in 2004. The Mill rebooted the awards and has been celebrating the community’s successes since 2017.
For a full list of all nominees and winners, visit https://dimensionmill.org/fuse-business-innovation-awards/