(BEDFORD) – A death investigation is underway at the home of an elderly resident in the area of 24th and H streets.
“At the time of the incident there was a high amount of carbon monoxide inside the home, and there was only one person inside the residence,” said Lawrence County Coroner Robert Herr.
There was no fire at the home.
Bedford Police, Bedford Fire Department, and Lawrence County Coroner’s Office are currently on the scene. Three engines from Bedford Fire Department responded.
According to Bedford Police Department Chief Terry Moore, a fire inspector has been requested to the scene, and no other information will be released at this time.
This story will be updated when more information is available.