(BEDFORD) – The Bedford Board of Works approved Bedford Street Commissioner David Flinn’s request to purchase a loader for the department.
The purchase of a 2017 loader and it’s buckets will replace the department’s current 1991 loader. The loader that will be purchased has a total of 750 hours on it, and will be purchased for $90,500 from Ag-Pro in Burbank, Ohio.
In other business the board:
- Approved the annual payment to the White River Humane Society in the amount of $30,000.
- Approved the extended hours for wellness screening of employees with IU Health for a total cost of $1,904. A total of 68 Bedford city employees participated at a cost of $28 each.
- Approved the agreement for flu shots with IU Health
- Approved a Wellness Agreement between IU Health and the City Of Bedford for a total cost of $4,159.58
- Approved a wellness agreement between St. Vincent Dunn and the City of Bedford for $750. Officials say more employees take part in IU wellness programs than St. Vincent Dunn wellness programs which explains the price discrepancy.