(BEDFORD) – The Lawrence County Council meeting was held in the Lawrence County Circuit Courtroom Tuesday evening to maintain social distancing and to accommodate the number of people who attend the meeting.
During the meeting, there were several hiring requests from county officials:
- Lawrence County Prosecutor Sam Arp requested to hire three positions which include a case manager and two deputy prosecutors. One of those deputy prosecutors will be hired at the first of the year when Allison Chopra moves to chief deputy prosecutor when Bob Cline is sworn in as Superior Court II Judge. The council approved all three requests.
- Public Defender Bruce Andis’ request to hire two public defenders was approved.
- Sheriff Mike Branham’s request to hire three corrections officers was approved.
- Judge William Sleva’s request to hire a court reporter was approved.
- CASA Director Rich Kosmala’s request to hire three positions was placed on hold. The positions will be paid from a grant. The Lawrence County Council’s recommended these hires be contract employees since their salaries would be paid with a grant. Kosmala was directed to take his request to the county commissioners at their next meeting.