(BEDFORD) – The Bedford Parks Board Thursday approved the bid from Cunningham Golf and Utilities Vehicles of Louisville, Kentucky for a five year lease for golf carts.
The bid was for 60 – 2021 Yamaha Umax golf carts, 5 utility carts, with a monthly payment of $8,125, total payment of $48,740 annually with a 4 year warranty. The delivery will be on or before November 21st.
Mayor Sam Craig advised the park board that the demolition phase of the Red Brick is now complete, however, the company found more damage to the building that was not noticed earlier. They are waiting to see whether the insurance company wants to send out an adjuster or how they want to address the new damages. Construction is again on hold.
The Bedford Parks Board voted to follow Bedford’s sign ordinance and will limit the advertisements along the John Lowery fence to only Bedford Parks Department events. This passed with Larry Arnold voting no on the recommendation.
Gary Dorsett advised the Bedford Parks Board on the following events:
- The September 19 car show was a huge success with more than 125 entries and the largest event the Bedford Parks Department has ever had. It was held at Thornton’s Bedford Park’s Department Office parking lot. Twelve sponsors helped make the event a success. They include Big O Tires, AutoZone, Advanced Auto, O’Reilly Auto Parts, First Place Trophies, Steak N Shake, NAPA Auto, Orange Leaf, Jiffy Treat, Court Room, Hubler Chevrolet, and Hobson Ford.
- The Fall Break Fun Event that was scheduled for October 15th was canceled due to weather.
- The adult basketball and volleyball leagues are on hold due to COVID-19 and may have a shortened season if things improve.
Golf Pro John Bertges gave the park board the following report at Otis Park:
- Indiana High School Athletic Association Girls Golf Sectional was held at Otis Park on September 19th. BNL Girls Golf placed 1st with a score of 338. Bedford North Lawrence’s Olivia Sanders was a medalist with a 75.
- Both nines have been aerified and treated at Otis Park Golf Course and are in good shape.
- Shop hours now are 9:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. due to the season and daylight.
- Bedford Fire Department Local 728 Fundraiser on October 10th was a huge success.
- Bertges started a Junior Golf League for 5th – 8th graders on October 16th. A two-person scramble will be held this Friday with 10 kids.
- A Mizuno Golf Club fit day will be held on October 31st from 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. at the Flick Center. There will be snacks, giveaways, and 10 percent off all Mizuno golf clubs ordered that day.
- New balls have been purchased for the driving range and should be available next week.