(MITCHELL) – During the Mitchell Community School Board meeting Monday night the board approved the posting to hire a Director of Special Education for Mitchell, Shoals, and Orleans Community School Corporations.
Mitchell Community School board members also approved adopting the budget for 2021 which is $19,252,739.
In other business the school board:
- Approved the athletic trainer pay schedule and benefits package which is $2,000 more than the original pay. This is to align with the requirements of having a degree.
- Authorized the sale of surplus property. No one took the school corporation’s offer on houses located at 503 and 505 North 9th Street in Mitchell. The school corporation may offer to scrap some of the lumber or completely demolish the two properties.
- Dr. Commer updated the board on students first day back from fall break. More students have decided to return back to school versus the virtual school format. The fifth grade may have some overcrowding issues, but all students are adhering to social distancing and wearing masks.
Personnel changes include:
- Katonya White – food service – resigned effective October 19, 2020
- Kenna Robertson – food service – resigned effective October 6, 2020
- Sara Goodman – school nurse – resigned effective October 23, 2020
- Seavor Roach – MJHS and MHS choir and music teacher hired effective October 20, 2020, applied special license
- Alex Smith – Hatfield aide hired effective October 20, 2020
- Carolyn Harper – Hatfield Elementary cafeteria worker hired effective October 20, 2020
- Jenifer Allen – Burris Elementary cafeteria worker hired effective October 20, 2020
- Jessica Downey, Andrea Hudson, Joanne Symcox, Holli West, Sarah Reynolds, and Kristen Martin, Mitchell Junior High School Virtual Learning teachers hired effective October 20, 2020.
- Crystal Tyler – Mitchell Junior High School yearbook sponsor
- Rick Mosier – Mitchell golf coach
- Ethan Bohnenkamp – Mitchell High School wrestling coach
- Emily Drake – Assistant Mitchell High School wrestling coach