Fire Damages Home On Sowders Road

(BEDFORD) – A home being remodeled in the 400 Block of Sowders Road was damaged by fire Friday afternoon.

Firefighters from Marshall and Pleasant Run Fire Department were dispatched to the home around 4:55 p.m. Friday with a 9-1-1 call reporting smoke coming from the home.

The home was owned by Jody and Jenifer East.

Firefighters arrived and found light smoke coming from the home, with the fire confined to the room of origin.

“The door being closed to the bathroom where the fire originated helped slow the spread of the fire,” said Jason Lewis, Fire Chief Marshall Township Volunteer Fire Department.

Firefighters was able to quickly bring the fire under control and make sure the fire did not extend to other portions of the home.

There were no injuries reported and the property owners were not home at the time of the call.

“A space heater left on in the bathroom is where the fire started,” said Lewis.

Marshall and Pleasant Run Fire Departments and the IU Health Ambulance Service responded to the fire. The Shawswick Fire Department was dispatched for additional manpower but was disregarded en route to the fire.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Share:
Tagged