On October 22, the Lake County Judicial Nominating Commission will conduct interviews of the applicants to fill a January 1 vacancy on the Lake Superior Court that will occur when Judge Clarence Murray retires.
The following 10 applicants will be interviewed in the hearing room of the Lake County Board of Commissioners, Third Floor of Building A, Lake County Government Center, 2293 N. Main Street, Crown Point, IN 46307.
All Commission proceedings, including deliberations, are open to the public.
- 8:30 a.m. – Organizational Meeting
- 8:40 a.m. – Magistrate Samantha Wuletich – Lake Circuit Court
- 9:00 a.m. – Rehana Adat-Lopez
- 9:20 a.m. – Judge Pro Tem Jamise Perkins – Lake Superior Court
- 9:40 a.m. – Break
- 10:00 a.m. – Nicole Bennett
- 10:20 a.m. – Magistrate Timothy Ormes – Lake Superior Court
- 10:40 a.m. – Magistrate Natalie Bokota – Lake Superior Court
- 11:00 a.m. – Magistrate Jeffrey Miller I – Lake Superior Court
- 11:20 a.m. – Break
- 11:40 a.m. – Daniel Burke
- 12:00 p.m. – Judge Inga Lewis-Shannon – Gary City Court
- 12:20 p.m. – Ilisha Dowell
- 12:40 p.m. – Lunch
- 1:30 p.m. – Deliberations begin until three nominees selected
The Commission will accept public comment on the qualifications of any of the applicants. Comments must be submitted electronically to email@example.com no later than noon (Central time) on October 5. Any submissions must include the sender’s name, e-mail address, and a phone number to permit follow-up inquiries.More information about the vacancy and the Commission can be found online.
Note, one of the applicants is married to a member of the Lake County Judicial Nominating Commission; that member will not participate in any activities to fill this vacancy.
Under state law, the Commission is required to nominate three candidates for appointment to the Lake Superior Court when a vacancy arises. The final appointment will be made by Governor Eric Holcomb.