(UNDATED) – You have a new opportunity to learn a lot about I-69 Finish Line. The I-69 Finish Line website includes a new and improved photo and video page. It makes it easy to find photos, track progress, and watch this important project move toward the finish line. This transformational project is the sixth and final section of the Interstate 69 connection between Evansville and Indianapolis.
The improved photo page features dozens of high-resolution photos and an easy-to-use photo key. The key makes it simple to find photos of interest. For planning purposes, I-69 Finish Line is divided into five construction contracts. Construction started in Martinsville in 2019 and is moving north. Work is wrapping up on Contract 1 and crews are working on Contracts 2 and 3. Contracts 4 and 5 will be awarded later this year. Simply reference the photo keymap to identify the contract associated with an area of interest. Photos are updated on a regular basis.
Each contract is broken into major areas of work and key construction activities. Those areas and activities are divided by season to make it easier to track progress throughout the project.
- Mechanically stabilized earth (MSE) retaining wall panels are being assembled near Egbert Road and Henderson Ford Road. These retaining walls will be backfilled with soil to support the embankments and approaches to new bridges over the highway.
- New concrete curbs and gutter are being poured and formed as road widening continues along State Road 39/Morton Avenue in Martinsville.
- Stay alert when driving through the State Road 144 intersection at Old State Road 37 and North Waverly Park Road. Activation of a temporary traffic signal is expected within the next two weeks.
- Mahalasville Road is closed to all traffic between the 90-degree curve, just south of Gardner Avenue, and Country View Apartments. In the coming days, there will be an increased presence of construction equipment removing the existing roadway making it unsafe for the public to access.
- A new access road is being built this year to connect Country Club Drive and Myra Lane along the west side of State Road 37. The permanent closure of Country Club Road access to State Road 37 is planned for late this week. A detour map for local traffic can be found here.
- Storm sewer installation along State Road 39 is expected to close Burton Lane for about a week starting on or after Tuesday. The detour will follow State Road 37 and State Road 39/Morton Avenue. Access to Martinsville Plaza will remain open from both Burton Lane and S.R. 39/Morton Avenue.
- If you’re driving State Road 37 in northern Morgan County, watch for bridge beam delivery and installation near Henderson Ford Road, which is planned to start Tuesday afternoon. Two nights of lane closures and 20-minute rolling stops between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. will allow bridge crews to hoist the beams in place over the highway.
- A short-term closure at Egbert Road and Centennial Road is expected in the near future. Access will remain open to River Valley Christian Church from the south and east while the intersection is rebuilt. Watch for updates regarding the timing of the short closure.
- Perry Road remains closed at State Road 37. Work to rebuild the Perry Lane driveway access at Perry Road is expected to begin within the next two weeks.
The I-69 Finish Line project office remains closed temporarily, but our Project Team remains ready to assist. Call 855-INDOT-4U or email INDOT@indot.in.gov to connect with the INDOT team. You can always find the latest news and information at I-69FinishLine.com, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.