(INDIANAPOLIS) — The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) today announced that 675 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at ISDH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and private laboratories. That brings to 23,146 the total number of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total.
Intensive care unit and ventilator capacity remains steady. Nearly 40 percent of ICU beds and more than 81 percent of ventilators were available as of Friday.
To date, 130,128 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 124,782 on Thursday.
Marion County had the newest cases, at 176. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Allen (39), Bartholomew (14), Cass (29), Elkhart (23), Greene (14), Hamilton (11), Hendricks (31), Henry (13), Jackson (33), Johnson (16), Lake (74), Porter (12) and St. Joseph (44). The Lake County totals include results from East Chicago and Gary, which have their own health departments.
- Lawrence County has 115 positive cases, 15 deaths, and 61 people have been tested
- Monroe County has 141 positive cases, 9 deaths, and 1,570 people have been tested
- Bartholomew County has 331 positive cases, 22 deaths, and 753 people have been tested
- Brown County has 25 positive cases, 1 death, and 99 people have been tested
- Daviess County has 54 positive cases, 15 deaths, and 437 people have been tested
- Greene County has 146 positive cases, 9 deaths, and 571 people have been tested
- Jackson County has 251 positive cases, 1 death, and 948 people have been tested
- Martin County has 7 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 86 people have been tested
- Orange County has 108 positive cases, 17 deaths, and 380 people have been tested
- Washington County has 45 positive cases, 1 deaths, and 324 people have been tested
A total of 1,328 Hoosiers have been confirmed to have died of COVID-19, an increase of 33 over the previous day. Another 119 probable deaths have been reported based on clinical diagnoses in patients for whom no positive test is on record. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
ISDH has partnered with OptumServe to provide free testing at 20 sites around the state, with an additional 30 sites opening next week. Individuals can register online at https://lhi.care/covidtesting or by calling (888) 634-1116.
Additional testing sites around the state, including ISDH drive-thru clinics, can be found on the COVID-19 testing information link at www.coronavirus.in.gov. Nearly 130 testing locations are included in the map, which is updated daily as clinics are added.