(JACKSON CO.) – Work is progressing on the $2.9 million bridge and box culvert replacement project on State Road 250 in Jackson County.
Dave O’Mara Contractor Inc. is working in multiple locations along the route between State Road 39 and U.S. 31.
- S.R. 250 over Rider Ditch (bridge replacement): Bridge demolition began last week and will continue into next week. The road will remain closed at this location through late August.
- S.R. 250 at Vernon Fork Muscatatuck Overflow (box culvert replacement): Work at this location is now complete.
- S.R. 250, 2.25 miles E of S.R. 39: Work is expected to start at this location on Monday, May 4, weather permitting. The road will close between C.R. 350 E. and C.R. 400 E. for up to 30 days.
- S.R. 250 at Pond Creek (box culvert replacement): Work is scheduled to be complete at this location on Monday, May 4. The road will reopen prior to the new closure between C.R. 350 E. and C.R. 400 E.
- S.R. 250 over Vernon Fork Muscatatuck River (bridge replacement): Work will begin at this location later this summer. The road will close for approximately 120 days.
The official detour for all S.R. 250 closures follows U.S. 31 to S.R. 256 to S.R. 39. The entire contract is expected to be complete this fall. Motorists should slow down, use extra caution and drive distraction-free in and near all work zones. All work is weather dependent.