(INDIANAPOLIS) — The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) today announced that 605 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at ISDH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC,) and private laboratories.
That brings to 17,182 the total number of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total.
To date, 91,550 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 87,181 on Tuesday.
Marion County had the newest cases, at 218. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Allen (26), Cass (27), Dearborn (13), Elkhart (14), Hamilton (19), Hendricks (13), Johnson (13), LaPorte (10), Lake (71), Noble (10), St. Joseph (18) and Wabash (10). The Lake County totals include results from East Chicago and Gary, which have their own health departments.
- Lawrence County has 94 positive cases, 13 deaths, and 490 people have been tested
- Monroe County has 122 positive cases, 8 deaths, and 1,121 people have been tested
- Bartholomew County has 241 positive cases, 51 deaths, and 594 people have been tested
- Brown County has 15 positive cases, 1 death, and 64 people have been tested
- Daviess County has 47 positive cases, 11 deaths, and 324 people have been tested
- Greene County has 55 positive cases, 6 deaths, and 384 people have been tested
- Jackson County has 128 positive cases, 1 death, and 571 people have been tested
- Martin County has 7 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 59 people have been tested
- Orange County has 43 positive cases, 9 deaths, and 537 people have been tested
- Washington County has 41 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 252 people have been tested
A total of 964 Hoosiers have been confirmed to have died of COVID-19, an increase of 63 over the previous day. Another 101 probable deaths have been reported. Probable deaths are those for which a physician listed COVID-19 as a contributing cause based on X-rays, scans and other clinical symptoms but for which no positive test is on record. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
The complete list of counties with cases is included in the ISDH COVID-19 dashboard at coronavirus.in.gov. Cases are listed by county of residence. Private lab reporting may be delayed and will be reflected in the map and count when results are received at ISDH. The dashboard will be updated at noon each day.