(INDIANAPOLIS) — The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) today announced that 656 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at ISDH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and private laboratories. That brings to 13,680 the total number of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total.
To date, 75,553 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 72,040 on Thursday.
Marion County had the newest cases, at 136. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Allen (13), Bartholomew (12), Cass (56), Clark (14), Elkhart (15), Grant (10), Hamilton (27), Hancock (17), Hendricks (15), Johnson (33), Lake (98), Madison (20), Orange (17), Porter (10) and St. Joseph (42) . The Lake County totals include results from East Chicago and Gary, which have their own health departments.
- Lawrence County has 87 positive cases, 9 deaths, and 457 people have been tested
- Monroe County has 118 positive cases, 6 deaths, and 984 people have been tested
- Bartholomew County has 175 positive cases, 8 deaths, and 471 people have been tested
- Brown County has 15 positive cases, 1 death, and 54 people have been tested
- Daviess County has 42 positive cases, 8 death, and 263 people have been tested
- Greene County has 45 positive cases, 4 deaths, and 334 people have been tested
- Jackson County has 101 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 477 people have been tested
- Martin County has 7 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 52 people have been tested
- Orange County has 56 positive cases, 5 deaths, and 216 people have been tested
- Washington County has 38 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 217 people have been tested
A total of 741 Hoosiers have died to date. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
The complete list of counties with cases is included in the ISDH COVID-19 dashboard at coronavirus.in.gov. Cases are listed by county of residence. Private lab reporting may be delayed and will be reflected in the map and count when results are received at ISDH. The dashboard will be updated at noon each day.