(INDIANAPOLIS) — The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) today announced that 612 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at ISDH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and private laboratories. That brings to 13,039 the total number of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total.
To date, 72,040 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 69,470 on Wednesday.
Marion County had the newest cases, at 160. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Allen (44), Bartholomew (17), Cass (61), Elkhart (11), Hamilton (23), Hendricks (34), Johnson (22), Lake (55), Shelby (20) and St. Joseph (22). The Lake County totals include results from East Chicago and Gary, which have their own health departments.
- Lawrence County has 86 positive cases, 9 deaths, and 447 people have been tested
- Monroe County has 118 positive cases, 6 deaths, and 955 people have been tested
- Bartholomew County has 163 positive cases, 8 deaths, and 466 people have been tested
- Brown County has 15 positive cases, 1 death, and 54 people have been tested
- Daviess County has 38 positive cases, 7 death, and 244 people have been tested
- Greene County has 44 positive cases, 4 deaths, and 319 people have been tested
- Jackson County has 100 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 463 people have been tested
- Martin County has 6 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 50 people have been tested
- Orange County has 39 positive cases, 4 deaths, and 193 people have been tested
- Washington County has 33 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 197 people have been tested
A total of 706 Hoosiers have died to date. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
The complete list of counties with cases is included in the ISDH COVID-19 dashboard at coronavirus.in.gov. Cases are listed by county of residence. Private lab reporting may be delayed and will be reflected in the map and count when results are received at ISDH. The dashboard will be updated at noon each day.