Man And Woman Arrested After Baby Dies From Overdose

(PORTLAND) – In Portland, a man and woman have been arrested for their baby’s drug overdose.

Hayden Markle died March 6th of a meth overdose, reports The Star Press newspaper.

According to the Jay County Prosecutor, police and EMS were called to a South Meridian Street apartment on a report of a child not breathing. The baby boy was pronounced dead at IU Health Jay Hospital.

“Acute methamphetamine intoxication” is the listed cause of death for a three-month-old.

His parents, Ryan Markle and Jennifer Young, are charged with neglect of a dependent resulting in death.

Both are convicted meth dealers, according to The Star Press. Both were convicted of dealing in meth in 2013, according to Jay County court records.

Markle and Young are also charged with meth possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email