(INDIANAPOLIS) – The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) today announced that 642 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at ISDH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and private laboratories.
That brings to 10,154 the total number of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total.
Marion County had the most newest cases, at 207. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Allen (47), Bartholomew (13), Hamilton (21), Hendricks (29), Johnson (13), LaPorte (19), Lake (54), Madison (22), Porter (10), Shelby (11) and St. Joseph (56). The Lake County totals include results from East Chicago and Gary, which have their own health departments.
- Lawrence County has 76 positive cases, 9 deaths, and 320 people have been tested
- Monroe County has 108 positive cases, 3 deaths, and 797 people have been tested
- Bartholomew County has 130 positive cases, 6 deaths, and 354 people have been tested
- Brown County has 14 positive cases, 1 death, and 43 people have been tested
- Daviess County has 27 positive cases, 1 death, and 67 people have been tested
- Greene County has 37 positive cases, 3 deaths, and 250 people have been tested
- Jackson County has 77 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 378 people have been tested
- Martin County has 5 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 38 people have been tested
- Orange County has 24 positive cases, 6 deaths, and 146 people have been tested
- Washington County has 27 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 132 people have been tested
A total of 519 Hoosiers have died to date. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
The complete list of counties with cases is included in the ISDH COVID-19 dashboard at coronavirus.in.gov. Cases are listed by county of residence. Private lab reporting may be delayed and will be reflected in the map and count when results are received at ISDH. The dashboard will be updated at noon each day.