(INDIANAPOLIS) —The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) today announced that 440 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at ISDH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and private laboratories.
That brings to 8,955 the total number of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total.
To date, 48,396 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 46,017 on Tuesday.
Marion County had the most newest cases at 156. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Allen (12), Hamilton (15), Hendricks (11), Johnson (18), Lake (55) and St. Joseph (40). The Lake County totals include results from East Chicago and Gary, which have their own health departments.
- Lawrence County has 73 positive cases, 9 deaths and 275 people have been tested
- Monroe County has 95 positive cases, 2 deaths and 688 people have been tested
- Bartholomew County has 113 positive cases, 4 deaths, 277 people have been tested
- Brown County has 14 positive cases, 1 death and 40 people have been tested
- Daviess County has 21 positive cases, 1 death and 139 people have been tested
- Greene County has 28 positive cases, 2 deaths and 189 people have been tested
- Jackson County has 74 positive cases, 0 deaths and 306 people have been tested
- Martin County has 5 positive cases, 0 deaths and 37 people have been tested
- Orange County has 19 positive cases, 3 deaths and 124 people have been tested
- Washington County has 27 positive cases, 0 deaths and 107 people have been tested
A total of 436 Hoosiers have died to date. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
The complete list of counties with cases is included in the ISDH COVID-19 dashboard at coronavirus.in.gov. Cases are listed by county of residence. Private lab reporting may be delayed and will be reflected in the map and count when results are received at ISDH. The dashboard will be updated at noon each day.