(INDIANAPOLIS) —The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) today announced that 439 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at ISDH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and private laboratories. That brings to 5,943 the total number of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total.
A total of 203 Hoosiers have died to date. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
- Lawrence County has 55 positive cases, 7 deaths and 188 people have been tested
- Monroe County has 60 positive cases, 0 deaths and 409 people have been tested
- Brown County has 9 positive cases, 1 death and 24 people have been tested
- Daviess County has 5 positive cases, 1 death and 61 people have been tested
- Greene County has 12 positive cases, 0 deaths and 102 people have been tested
- Jackson County has 46 positive cases, 0 deaths and 171 people have been tested
- Martin County has 1 positive case, 0 deaths and 16 people have been tested
- Orange County has 11 positive cases, 2 deaths and 79 people have been tested
- Washington County has 21 positive cases, 0 deaths and 70 people have been tested
Marion County had the newest cases, at 151. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Bartholomew (11), Hamilton (29), Hancock (12), Hendricks (17), Johnson (19), Lake (43) and St. Joseph (13). The Lake County totals include results from East Chicago and Gary, which have their own health departments.
To date, 30,869 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 28,764 on Monday.
The complete list of counties with cases is included in the ISDH COVID-19 dashboard at coronavirus.in.gov which will be updated daily at 10 a.m. Cases are listed by the county of residence. Private lab reporting may be delayed and will be reflected in the map and count when results are received at ISDH.
The dashboard also has been updated to make corrections based on the updated information provided to ISDH.