(INDIANAPOLIS) —The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) today announced that 568 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at ISDH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and private laboratories.
That brings to 5,507 the total number of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total.
- Lawrence County has 44 cases and 5 deaths
- Brown County has 8 cases and one death
- Greene County has 11 cases and no deaths
- Jackson County has 40 cases and no deaths
- Martin County has 1 case and no deaths
- Monroe County has 54 cases and no deaths
- Orange County has 14 cases and 2 deaths
- Washington County has 20 cases and no deaths
A total of 173 Hoosiers have died to date. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
To date, 28,764 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 26,192 on Monday.
Marion County had the newest cases, at 193. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Allen (12), Clark (11), Floyd (16), Hamilton (22), Hancock (14), Harrison (11), Hendricks (27), Johnson (19), Lake (52), Madison (34) and St. Joseph (17). The Lake County totals include results from East Chicago and Gary, which have their own health departments.
The complete list of counties with cases is included in the ISDH COVID-19 dashboard at coronavirus.in.gov, which will be updated daily at 10 a.m. Cases are listed by county of residence. Private lab reporting may be delayed and will be reflected in the map and count when results are received at ISDH.