(BEDFORD) – A hearing has been scheduled in Lawrence Circuit Court for the North Lawrence Parents Group asking for a preliminary injunction on the North Lawrence Community Schools Plan to Consolidate four elementary schools and Shawswick Middle School.
The hearing is scheduled for March 30th at 2 p.m. in Lawrence Circuit Court. Judge Nathan Nikirk will preside over the hearing.
North Lawrence Community Schools gave an answer for each of the three counts that the North Lawrence Parents Group alleges that the school Corporation violated the State Open Door Law for public meetings.
The North Lawrence School Corporation then gave five defenses against the lawsuit which include:
- The plaintiff fails to state a claim on which relief may be granted.
- The defendant is not the proper party to this action and Plaintiff has failed to name the proper party to this action.
- The Plaintiff claims are barred by the doctrine of laches and waiver.
- The Plaintiff claims are frivolous and unreasonable.
- The Defendant reserves the right to add additional affirmative defenses.