(BEDFORD) – The youth who enjoys the services of the Boys & Girls Club of Lawrence County wanted to do their part to help pay off the mortgage.
The Club is just $10,000 shy of reaching their goal. Paying off the mortgage is crucial. It will save the Club more than $44,000 a year. This $44,000 can be used to help with the day to day operational costs.
Pennies for Payoff is going on right now at the club with the “Kiss the Pig” challenge.
The goal of creating the challenge is to start teaching our youth the gift of giving and that every gift, large or small counts. We also want them to understand goal setting . One of the biggest goals with this challenge is to empower the club members by feeling like they own part of the club.
“We have made 8 pigs out of milk jugs and soda pop bottles,” says Timber Browning, Resource Development and Marketing Director of the Boys & Girls Club of Lawrence County. ” Each pig has been assigned to a club employee. Kids can bring in pennies, or other loose change and pick which staff member they want to kiss the pig. The staff with the most money on February 28th will have to kiss a pig!”
All of the money raised by the children will go towards paying off the mortgage. Should the goal be met before the contest is over, the money will will be applied to the operation budget. The public is welcome to come and donate as well.
The entire Limestone Unit Staff is represented between the 8 pigs:
- Cathy Craig (Limestone Unit Director) & Maleah Chaney (Limestone Unit Program Coordinator) are on one pig
- Frank Decker (CPO), Billy Neal (Athletic Director) & Cole Quyle (Assistant Athletic Director) are on one pig
- Timber Browning (Resource Development & Marketing Director), Dave Beaver (Director of Operations) & Brandy Cundiff (Bookkeeper) on one pig
- Gym Staff- Bryce Bower, Emma Terrell, Davis Miller, Ben Barker, Ramsey Girgis on one pig
- Game Room Staff- Kelton Myers, Meghan Terry, Isaiah Wray, Ramsey Girgis on one pig
- Art – Maradyn Hardesty & Chef’s Hat- Maleah Perkins on one pig
- STEM- Aden Morris & Computer Coding Meghan Terry on one pig
- Homework Staff – Victoria Perkins, Olivia Johnson, Emma Norman on one pig
Bill and Kristi Spreen will provide the pig that staff members will have to pucker up and kiss.
The kissing will take place on Friday, Feb. 28th at the Limestone Unit at 4 p.m.
As of Wednesday afternoon, Limestone Unit Director Cathy Craig and Maleah Chaney the Limestone Program Coordinator had raised the most money in the contest.