(UNDATED) – Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and love is in the air in Indiana. Every year, Valentine’s brings romance, flowers, and yes, chocolates and candy, to the Hoosier State.
That’s why Eric wanted to put a sweet and sugary twist on his One Indiana by sharing some of his favorite places to get candy for Indiana’s First Lady (and for himself!). Check out his list of the best places to get your sugar fix in Indiana!
- Albanese Candy Factory – Merrillville, IN. It’s the only place in America where you can go on a public tour of a gummi manufacturing facility!
- Best Chocolate in Town – Indy. Their slogan says it all – “Hand Made. Heart Felt.”
- Charlie’s Caramel and Candy Shop – Vincennes, IN. Charlie’s has been serving Hoosiers with sweet tooths for 58 years.
- DeBrand Fine Chocolate – Fort Wayne (with a shop in Indianapolis). If you can’t get enough chocolate in your life, you’ll love DeBrand.
- Donaldson’s Finer Chocolates – Lebanon, IN. 50 years of chocolates “made the old-fashioned way.” It doesn’t get much better than that!
- Martinsville Candy Kitchen – Martinsville, IN. You need to try their homemade candy canes — always a fan favorite!
- Olympia Candy Kitchen – Goshen, IN. “The Sweetest Little Place In Town!”
- Schimpff’s Confectionery – Jeffersonville, IN. Founded in 1891, Schimpff’s is one of the oldest candy shops in the United States.
- The South Bend Chocolate Company – South Bend (other locations statewide). According to its website, the company got started “under a license from the University of Notre Dame. It’s first three products were the Domer, the Rockne, and Nuts for ND.”