(INDIANAPOLIS) – The Indiana Arts Commission (IAC) announced today it is inviting session proposals from individuals or organizations for its annual arts conference, the Indiana Arts Homecoming, October 15 – 16, 2020, in Columbus, Indiana.
The Indiana Arts Homecoming is a two-day gathering of artists, arts organizations, arts educators and arts advocates (community members and more) that provides knowledge, tools, step-by-step strategies, and a compelling call to action.
The 2020 conference theme is “Indiana Arts: Share Your Stories” and will:
- Inspire action through story
- Equip attendees to craft their unique story
- Empower attendees to advocate for change
- Build leadership and capacity for their arts practice or organization
The conference Steering Committee, chaired by Rishard Allen (Arts Council of Indianapolis) and AiIithir McGill (Nickel Plate Arts), is looking for proposals that provide learning related to the theme “Indiana Arts: Share Your Stories”.
Possible session topics could include:
- Crafting and delivering stories – what makes a story great?
- Developing evaluations that get great data and using data to tell stories
- Ethics in collecting and sharing stories
- Understanding and engaging audience
- Advocating for an artistic practice, arts organization or the arts in general
- Stories that deepen inclusion, diversity, equity and access work
- Stories that help to show the arts as central to a community
- Nuts and bolts sessions for both artists and arts organizations (e.g. 101 guide to fundraising, how to evaluate programs, grant writing basics)
Experienced as well as first-time presenters are encouraged to submit a proposal. The IAC will be hosting a “Q & A and Tips for Proposal Submission” webinar on March 5, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern. Advance registration is requested. Proposals are due on April 2, 2020, 5:00 p.m. Eastern.
Proposals will be reviewed by the Steering Committee and selected session proposals will be notified in July.
Individuals or organizations interested in making a session proposal are invited to consult the Frequently Asked Questions document and can submit a proposal here. Questions about the submission process can be directed to Miah Michaelsen, Deputy Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 232-1286.