(INDIANAPOLIS) – Considering a trip to Mexico, Canada, the Caribbean or Bermuda in the near future? You will now need a U.S. passport at land borders and seaports of entry to return home.
If you do not have a passport, you’re in luck as the U.S. Postal Service wants to make obtaining a new passport or renewing your old one easy and convenient experience.
The following Post Offices will host a Passport Fair on Saturday, February 8th.
|MERRILLVILLE||46410||2/8/2020||303 W 80TH PL||11 AM – 1 PM|
|ANDERSON||46011||2/8/2020||1505 RAIBLE AVE||10 AM – 2 PM|
|GREENFIELD||46140||2/8/2020||207 N STATE ST||11 AM to Noon|
|MOORESVILLE||46158||2/8/2020||345 W CARLISLE ST||9 AM – 1 PM|
|NINEVEH||46164||2/8/2020||7544 S NINEVEH RD||8 AM – 11 AM|
|BERNE||46711||2/8/2020||215 W MAIN ST||11:30 AM-1:30 PM|
|BLUFFTON||46714||2/8/2020||205 S MAIN ST||12 PM – 3 PM|
|HARTFORD CITY||47348||2/8/2020||123 S HIGH ST||12 PM – 3 PM|
|KOKOMO||46902||2/8/2020||2719 S WEBSTER ST||11 AM – 1 PM|
|LOGANSPORT||46947||2/8/2020||406 9TH ST||12 PM – 2 PM|
|BEDFORD||47421||2/8/2020||1720 H ST||12 PM- 3 PM|
|BROWNSTOWN||47220||2/8/2020||201 S SUGAR ST||11 AM – 1 PM|
|CRANE||47522||2/8/2020||100 BLANDY ST||11 AM – 1 PM|
|TELL CITY||47586||2/8/2020||444 MAIN ST||8 AM – 1 PM|
|VINCENNES||47591||2/8/2020||420 BROADWAY ST||12 PM- 2 PM|
|HAZELWOOD||46805||2/8/2020||1800 HAZELWOOD AVE, FORT WAYNE||12:00-3:00 PM|
The Postal Service recommends customers come in as early as possible to apply for their passports — at least eight weeks or earlier before their departure — to avoid any extra costs involved in expediting their application. The U.S. Department of State is currently reporting four to six-week processing times for routine passport applications.
It costs $145 total for adults and children with a separate payment of $35 to the Postal Service for its processing fee, and $110 paid to the State Department for the passport application fee.
For expedited passport service, add $60 for each application, payable to the State Department. In these instances, the applicant will also have overnight (Express Mail) delivery costs payable to the Postal Service.
In addition to providing the passport application process, the Postal Service will have an employee at hand to take photos, which cost $15. The application must be paid with cash or check. Credit or debit cards, as well as cash or checks, may be used to cover the cost of photos and the acceptance fee.
To help the passport application process go smoothly and efficiently, the Postal Service recommends the following:
- Bring in proper proof of American citizenship. This must be either a certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state; a previous U.S. passport; a certificate of citizenship; or a naturalization certificate. (Please note: a hospital-issued birth certificate alone is not acceptable).
- Bring in proof of identity. This must be either a previous U.S. passport; a naturalization certificate; a certificate of citizenship; or a current valid driver’s license, government ID or military photo ID.
- Passport photograph services will be available on site for a fee of $15.
- To save time and have their application completed beforehand, customers can download a passport application at the Department of State website.
- All applicants must appear in person (including minors). Applicants under age 16 must appear with both parents. If one parent is not available, a notarized authorization from the absent parent is required.