(BEDFORD) – The North Lawrence School Corporation named the principals for the consolidated school buildings for the 2020-21 school year during the school board meeting Thursday night.
The NLCS board approved a consolidation plan Jan. 6, voting 4-3 to close Fayetteville, Heltonville, Springville, and Stalker elementary schools and Shawswick Middle School.
Schools that will remain open are Bedford Middle School, Oolitic Middle School, Parkview Primary and Intermediate, Lincoln Elementary, Dollens Elementary, Needmore and Shawswick Elementary.
On January 23rd from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m., the public is invited to the administration office to look at the proposed new bus routes.
“The bus routes are only proposed at this time, and the public is encouraged to provide feedback to the corporation,” said Andrew Clammpit Communications Director North Lawrence Community Schools Corporation.
The public can do that by going to the meeting or on this website.
From January through mid-March, officials will establish school district lines and assess where students will attend school.
Teachers are now being surveyed to find where and what they would like to teach, and what subjects they are licensed to teach.
After this is done, the school board will approve the district map and teacher placement.
During tonight’s meeting, the Bedford North Lawrence Course Catalog was approved and the board approved Gateway Academy students to graduate mid-term
Board members also approved the board meeting calendar for 2020.
The following personnel moves were approved:
- Dusty Arthur – Transferring from BMS Temporary to BMS Permanent Moderate Disability Instructional Assistant effective January 7, 2020.
- Tracey Meadows – Transferring from Parkview Title 1 Instructional Assistant to NLCS Custodian effective January 20, 2020. B
- Traci Elkins – Shawswick Cook effective January 20, 2020, for the 2019-20 academic year.
- Drew Bailey – HES Instructional Assistant effective January 17, 2020.
- Jacob Prince – NLCS Custodian effective January 20, 2020.
- Julie Couch – Parkview Title 1 Instructional Assistant effective January 20, 2020.
- Hannah George – Parkview Title 1 Behavior Support Assistant effective January 20, 2020.
- Alexandrea Hudelson – Dollens Title 1 Instructional Assistant effective January 17, 2020. Pending background check.
- Dollens: Katie Martz – Dollens Robotics Coach effective for the 2019-20 academic year.
- Kim Webb – Dollens Running Club Sponsor effective for the 2019-20 academic year.
- SMS: Heather Patterson – SMS STEAM Coordinator effective 2019-20 academic year.
- BNLHS: Jenna Clark – BNLHS Counselor/Schedule Coordinator effective for the 2019-20 academic year D.
- Kylee Capps – Resigning as PVI Instructional Assistant effective January 17, 2020.
- Aurora Johnson – Resigning as NLCS RN effective January 17, 2020.
- Jordan Robbins – Resigning as BNLHS Volleyball Coach effective immediately.
- Miya Scott – Resigning as Joint Services Resource Instructor effective February 14, 2020.
- Amasa Speer – Resigning as Dollens Instructional Assistant effective January 17, 2020.
- Gretchen Stevenson – Resigning as Dollens Title 1 Instructional Assistant effective January 6, 2020.
- Rick Wagers – Resigning as NLCS PE Instructor effective December 20, 2019.
- Megan Montgomery – OLJMG Joint Services Resource Instructor to take deduct for the following dates; February 3rd to 7th, 2020 and March 9th to 16th, 2020.
Medical Leave Requests
- Jessica Bellush – Requesting medical leave from January 8, 2020, for approximately 6 weeks.
- Dana Hadden – Requesting medical leave from February 19, 2020, to March 20, 2020.
- Karrie Osmon – Requesting a leave from January 13, 2020, through at least February 24, 2020.