(MITCHELL) – The Mitchell Community School Board elected officers for the new year.
The officers will remain the same as last year.
- Chris Shaw – President
- Patrick Redman – Vice – President
- Crystal Mikels – Secretary
- Melinda Powell – Treasurer
- Ruthie Lane – Deputy Treasurer
- Sonya Chaney – Extra-Curricular Treasurer
- Kim Powell – Deputy Extra-Curricular Treasurer
School board members are paid a $2,000 stipend, $100 for each regular meeting and $75 for a special meeting and 50 cents per mile.
The Mitchell School Board approved the school calendar for the 2020-2021 school year. The first student day will be August 5, 2020 and the last day for students will be May 21, 2020.
Three E-Learning days were also built into the calendar they include Monday, January 28, 2021, February 15, 2021, and April 23, 2021.
The Mitchell School Board approved a three percent pay increase for all non-certified personnel.
School bus routes for Route 9 and Route 36 have been re-assigned. Donna Kinser resigned as a bus driver for Route 36. Mark Gee will now run that route. Andy Gleitz was hired to drive Route 9.
The following personnel resignations include:
- Steve Harshman – Mitchell Junior High School Science Teacher effective January 6, 2020.
- Tori Mullinax – Mitchell High School Office Secretary – Effective January 12, 2020.
- Donna Kinser – Mitchell Route #36 Bus Driver – Resignation December 20, 2019.
- Lowell Bailey – Mitchell Junior High School Teacher – Effective January 14, 2020.
- Kali Wigley – Math Aide at Mitchell Junior High and Mitchell High School.
- Anita Moore – Math Aide at Mitchell Junior High and Mitchell High School.
- Andy Gletiz – Route 9 Bus Driver – Effective January 14, 2020.
The next school board meeting will be February 10th, at Mitchell Junior/High School. The school board will tour the facility and then the meeting will take place in the cafeteria. The school board meeting will begin at 5 p.m.
The March meeting will take place at Burris Elementary on March 9th, and the April will be on April 13th at Hatfield Elementary. Both meetings start at 5 p.m.