(UNDATED) – Community Engagement: A buzzword we love, but what does it really mean? And why is it important?
Community Engagement is a great tool for reaching out to new voices in your community. When you authentically engage with a new community (geographic or otherwise) you increase the diversity at your table, create an environment ripe for inclusion, and find perspectives you didn’t know were missing from your work.
This video helps organizations better understand community engagement and better understand what the Indiana Arts Commission (IAC) is looking for in grant applications.
For a quick reference to see where you are in your community engagement practice, check out the Community Engagement Ladder.
- Apply for Arts Project Support – Applications due March 5, 2020
- Apply for QUIP (Quick Impact Placebased Grant) – Applications open January 13, 2020; applications due March 6, 2020
- Take this questionnaire to help you understand your community
- Serve as a grant panelist
- Invite your Regional Arts Partner for coffee to chat about your ideas
- Align your local creative assets for a sustainable and healthy creative ecosystem