(BEDFORD) – The Lawrence County’s Clerk Office was busy this morning as 14 candidates filed for office.
Lawrence County Clerk Billie Tumey was the first to file.
Candidates can file at the county clerk’s office in the courthouse. Forms including financial disclosures and certified party affiliation are required when filing and can be found at the Indiana Secretary of State’s website.
“Free elections are wonderful. It feels great to be part of it. I am looking forward to this next election,” said Jim Edwards who is filing for Lawrence County At-Large seat.
Here is a list of candidates who have filed:
- Billie Tumey – Lawrence County Clerk
- Dustin Gabhart – Lawrence County Commissioner District 2
- Eugene McCracken – Lawrence County Commissioner District 3
- Paula Stewart – Auditor
- Rebecca McCracken – Treasurer
- Robert Herr – Lawrence County Council At –Large
- Jody Edwards – Treasurer
- Jessica Staggs – Auditor
- Myron Rainey – Recorder
- Penny Cobb – Auditor
- Elizabeth Freeman-Cammack – Coroner
- Kenna Hodges – Republican Precinct Committeemen – Shawswick Township
- Paula Stewart – Republican Precinct Committeemen – Bono Township
- Jim Edwards – Lawrence County Council At- Large
All candidates who filed today filed as Republicans.