Owensburg Man Dies Of Smoke Inhalation In Christmas Eve Fire

(OWENSBURG) – The Center- Jackson Fire Territory responded to 6661 Vine Street in Owensburg at 1:30 p.m. on Christmas Eve.

When firefighters arrived at the home the fire was out.

The call had been reported by someone requesting a welfare check.

After entering the home they found that a couch had on been on fire. The fire had burned itself out, but the entire home was covered in soot.

After further investigation, officials located Jose Munoz deceased inside the home.

Firefighters determined through their investigation that the fire had been out for several hours prior to the fire department being notified.

On December 26th, an autopsy was performed and confirmed that Munoz died from smoke inhalation.

At this time there is no suspicion of foul play. The investigation is still ongoing.

Responding to the scene were the Center-Jackson Fire Territory, Indiana State Fire Marshal Office, Greene County Sheriff’s Department, Greene County Coroner’s Office, and the Greene County Ambulance Service.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Share:
Tagged