(UNDATED) – A full call out of snowplow trucks has been issued for tonight (Nov. 15) by the Indiana Department of Transportation Southeast District ahead of expected accumulating snowfall. Drivers will clear and treat state roadways until snow subsides and conditions improve.
Roads were pre-treated yesterday across the district in anticipation of a winter event. Totals of two to three inches of snow and mixed precipitation are possible through mid-day Monday.
Below is the call out schedule by subdistrict. Operations will be adjusted as conditions change.
- Aurora: 26 plow trucks beginning at 5:30 p.m.
- Bloomington: 27 plow trucks beginning at 4 p.m.
- Columbus: 30 plow trucks beginning at 5 p.m.
- Falls City: 33 plow trucks beginning at 6 p.m.
- Madison: 35 plow trucks beginning at 4 p.m.
- Reduce speed: Allow extra time to reach your destination, be patient as snowplows travel below posted speed limits.
- Safe distance: Do not tailgate and give snowplows plenty of room to work, allow plenty of time to slow down.
- Pay attention: Drive distraction-free, focus on safe driving, be aware of surroundings and changing road conditions
- Know before you go: Check road and traffic conditions at http://indot.carsprogram.org or the INDOT mobile app. County travel advisories can be found on the Department of Homeland Security Website at http://in.gov/dhs/traveladvisory.
Motorists in Southeast Indiana can monitor road closures, road conditions, and traffic alerts any time via: