(UNDATED) – The Indiana Department of Workforce Development’s (DWD) Office of Adult Education will host 11 regional town hall meetings across the state to inform instructional providers about a funding opportunity.
Each session will include an overview of the grant application process, including what funds are available, who is eligible to apply, and what is required of grant recipients.
DWD is soliciting applications/proposals for adult education grant funds from entities eligible to receive Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds.
The grant funds programs that assist working-age adults with obtaining a secondary school diploma, such as a high school equivalency, and with transitioning to post-secondary education and training. The programs also assist immigrants and other individuals through English language classes.
To be eligible for funding, an adult education provider must fall under one of the following categories: local education agency; community-based organization; volunteer literacy organization; institution of higher education; a public or private not-for-profit; a library; or a public housing partner.
Adult Education programs and services are available at more than 140 locations across Indiana.
The number of working-age Hoosiers lacking a high school diploma or equivalency has dropped in the past few years from 500,000 to 476,000. The WIOA grant provides the funding necessary to continue to educate more adults and to ensure that number continues to fall.
Dates, times and locations for the town hall meetings are:
- Dec. 2, West Lafayette Public Library, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Eastern
- Dec. 3, LaPorte County Public Library, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Central
- Dec. 4, Evansville-Vanderburgh County Public Library, 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Central
- Dec. 5, Vigo County Public Library, 1 to 4 p.m. Eastern
- Dec. 6, Floyd County Public Library, 1 to 4 p.m. Eastern
- Dec. 9, Fort Wayne – Allen County Public Library (Aboite Branch), 1 to 4 p.m. Eastern
- Dec. 10, Bartholomew County Public Library, Columbus, 9 a.m. to noon Eastern
- Dec. 10, Monroe County Public Library, Bloomington, 2 to 5 p.m. Eastern
- Dec. 12, St. Joseph County Public Library (Western Branch), South Bend, noon to 3:30 p.m. Eastern
- Dec. 13, Library Services Center, 2450 N. Meridian St., Indianapolis, 8 to 11 a.m. Eastern
- Dec. 13, Maring-Hunt Library, Muncie, 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Eastern