(BEDFORD) – All city offices will be closed today.
TASC buses will be running as regularly scheduled. Citizens who need a ride to the polls may call TASC at 812-275-1633 between the hours of 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
All trash today routes will be picked up as regularly scheduled.
Recycle routes will be picked up on Wednesday.
Polls open at 6 a.m. and promptly close at 6 p,m.
Photo identification is needed to vote.
1340 WBIW will provide Election Coverage for all three municipal elections.
Contested Races in Bedford:
- Sam Craig – Republican
- Rowena Cross- Najafi – Democrat
Bedford City Council District 3:
- Brad Bough – Republican
- Ed Bay – Independent
Bedford City Council District 5:
- Penny May – Republican
- Clarice A. Guy – Democrat
Contested Races in Mitchell:
- J.D. England – Republican
- Eugene Pud Terrell – Democrat
Mitchell City Council District 1:
- Michele ‘Wilfong’ Smith – Republican
- Larry Caudell – Democrat
Mitchell City Council District 2
- Nathan Jenkins – Republican
- Kevin Henderson- Independent
Mitchell City Council District 3:
- Perry Reynolds – Republican
- Joey D. Slone – Democrat
Mitchell City Council District 4:
- Daniel Talbot – Republican
- Everett Ferrell – Democrat
Mitchell City Council At-Large ( vote 1)
- George James – Republican
- Martha J. Arnold- Democrat
Contested Races in Oolitic:
- Jessica Staggs – Republican
- Glenn Gross – Citizens Party
At-Large Council Seats (Vote 5):
- Johnny “Bob” Dillion – Republican
- Phillip Hensley – Republican
- Tangie Jenkins – Republican
- Bill Kendall – Republican
- Dirk Sears – Republican
- Mary A. Berry – Citizens Party
- Daniel Brooks – Citizens Party
- Suzanne Sharp – Citizens Party
On Election Day voters can vote at any voting center in Lawrence County.
The Voting Centers are located at:
- Lawrence County Courthouse
- Parkview Intermediate
- Stalker Elementary
- Mitchell Community Center
- Emerson School Gym on 9th Street